This hands-on Java introductory course will teach students object-oriented programming skills using the Java language. Students are introduced to the the fundamental concepts of object-oriented programming, like objects and classes, state, conditions, loops, collections, error handling and an overview of inheritance and polymorphism. The course also introduces important algorithmic constructs, string and character manipulation, dynamic memory allocation and standard I/O commands.
This course is intended for students who are new to programming as it would provide a useful introduction to the fundamental concepts of object-oriented software engineering and development, essential and recommended for students with no previous object oriented programming experience who may want to study mobile/ app programming using Android, iOS programming and .NET/C#.
What Will I Learn?
- Understand the basic concepts of object-oriented design and programming with real world examples
- Know the place of the Java technology and language in learning programming
- Create business applications using Java technologies including the language and supporting frameworks
- Use primitive data types to create identifiers and variables, and create assignment statements and arithmetic expressions
- Create programs that observe basic object-oriented programming principles like objects and classes, and implement packages and generics in Java
- Understand what is meant by imperative programming and create and manipulate applications using scope rules, character string, control flow statements
- Create robust Java application using more advanced object-oriented techniques such as interfaces, method overloading, polymorphism and encapsulation
- How to create programs that can handle errors gracefully when they occur
- Manipulate strings, files, directories and file systems
- Understand when to create applications that span server, desktop or mobile phone
- How to use Java packages to create a simple desktop application that reads and writes files
Click here to enroll in this course.
Object-oriented basics - Real world modelling
- Lesson 1: Object-oriented basics – Real world modelling
Java Overview- Why Java?
- Lesson 2: Java overview – Why Java?
- Lesson 3: Programming Fundamentals
Object - oriented Programming Basics
- Lesson 4
- Lesson 5
More object-oriented techniques
- Lesson 7
- Lesson 8
Which Java packages
- Lesson 9
How to use Java packages
- Lesson 10